Job Title : Chief Executive Officer, Educom World
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Educational Communities Worldwide believes in the power of young people to build amazing careers and leverage education to expand cultures across the world. This includes serving as community leaders and influencers, and eventually taking over the world. We derive revenue from brand partnerships, grants and donations, student registration revenue and direct to consumer sales (through our continental tours and learning opportunities).
Our ambition is to become the number one destination for millions of smart and ambitious men and women whilst building a Malala-inspired education, culture and tour empire that is admired globally.
We are in search of a Chief Executive Officer who can develop innovative brand partnerships and ensure that any brand interested in reaching the most amazing college students on the African continent will partner with us.
This position has no geographic barriers and can be performed remotely. We believe in diversity and welcome applications form all qualified candidates, without regard for race or gender.
Reporting Structure: Chief Executive Officer will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and Board of directors whilst working with the heads of our senior staff and regional directors
The Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for developing and securing innovative brand partnerships with some of the leading brands around the globe. Partnerships may be executed through our digital platform or off line programs.
Educational Communities Worldwide (Educom) is a startup founded by experienced entrepreneur and multiple award-winning innovator, Emmanuel Nyame who currently serves on the United Nations Foundation as an Ambassador and +SocialGood Connector. We aim to bridge the gap in cross-cultural knowledge access and to prepare students for beneficial careers right after graduation.
Board of Directors
The CEO reports to and supports the board of directors, and will be required to keep board members informed and up to date on the current status of the organization, and provide advice on preferred strategies and resolutions.
The CEO oversees and manages organization programs and projects. She is also in charge of recommending a budget to the board annually and ensuring the staff adheres to the approved budget. The CEO typically also manages human resources.
Educom’s CEO ensures and maintains a positive image with the public regarding the organization. A strong reputation is especially important for the CEO to maintain with individuals and businesses that contribute to the organization on a regular basis.
The CEO manages and oversees the fundraising for the nonprofit organization, including planning, strategies and implementation. More specifically, this requires determining the financial needs of the organization, submitting proposals to donors and taking care of the fundraising records.
· Identifying brands who have an interest in our community
· Building relationships with relevant brand managers, PR firms and marketing execs
· Developing creative proposals
· Following up to ensure the deal gets done
· Supporting execution of the proposals as needed
· Analyzing the success of brand partnership and creating relevant case studies
The ideal candidates will have an interest in developing innovative campaigns that are good for our community and effective for our brand partners. Good research skills,
creativity and persistence is a must. If this role is for you, you’ll be excited to work in a fast paced environment and committed to working until the job is done.
Specific requirements include:
· Excellent English writing skills
· Ability to use PowerPoint
· Good relationships (or ability to develop relationships) with brand managers and marketing personnel for top brands across the world
· Experience in sales and business development
· Able to deliver on metrics-driven results and an understanding of analytics
· Excellent fund-raising ability
· Entry level result-driven remuneration with commission
· Opportunity to travel across the world and interact with the world’s leading voices and entrepreneurs
· Work from anywhere as long as you can keep in touch with Skype and Google Hangouts
· Work with a moderately fun team who prefer sweatpants over stilettos –> though feel free to keep your stilettos if you’re about that life.
Submit your application materials (Resume and Cover Letter) to email@example.com